Friend, I know it seems like the dark powers of evil are taking over. It’s been difficult to stomach much of what we read in the news lately and what those in positions of cultural power and authority seek to do in America.
But we have every reason to be filled with great hope, anticipation, and joy. Why? Because God is greater. We must remember that our Heavenly Father is still more powerful than anyone or anything in, above, or below this earth. When Jesus gave the disciples (and us) the Great Commission, He said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations.”
We serve the Lord as his agents of salt and light in our communities. And we serve as people under the power and authority of Jesus, whose authority supersedes every other authority. Yes, I know who’s at the helm in Washington D.C. Yes, I know who’s at the helm in Springfield, and yes, I know who’s at the helm in Chicago. But those individuals and their positions are of no account in comparison to the one who’s at the helm in the heavenlies.
As we look at our long prayer lists, let’s approach them praying with great confidence, because Ephesians 3:20 says, “Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us …” God is mightier than we can even imagine, and He has the ability to turn things around. Yet, if He doesn’t act in the way we would like, He will take what we perceive as a disaster and orchestrate a miraculous victory for His kingdom plan.
Don’t forget—our God is a mighty God!
- FOR THOSE IN AUTHORITY: Last month we asked you to pray for a list of freshman political leaders. This month, we ask you to pray for specific veteran political officials, some of whom have been newly installed in positions of leadership. Of course, this includes praying for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris as their administration takes form.
- U.S. Senator Charles Schumer (D-New York)
- U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky)
- U.S. Senator Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)
- U.S. Representative Nancy Pelosi (D-San Francisco, CA)
- U.S. Representative Kevin McCarthy (R-Bakersfield, CA)
- State Senator Don Harmon (D-Oak Park)
- State Senator Dan McConchie (R-Lake Zurich)
- State Representative Emanuel Chris Welch (D-Westchester)
- State Representative Jim Durkin (R-Burr Ridge)
- YOUR Local Mayor and City/Town Council
Pray for the Sanctity of Life:
- ABORTION: Pray that the shedding of innocent blood would not increase despite President’s Biden’s plans to expand abortion both in the U.S. and other countries. Pray that the love of mothers love for their unborn children would overwhelm them and they would choose to give them life. Pray that the hearts of fathers would turn to their children and they would understand that children are a blessing from the Lord.
- THE CHURCH: Pray that church leaders would grasp the seriousness of the indoctrination taking place in government schools. Pray that their eyes would be opened to the teaching of godless ideologies and radical activism, resulting in a hatred for America, and parents being overwhelmed with worry. Pray that churches in Illinois would start their own schools. Pray that God would provide the necessary resources and personnel for these schools.
- PRC’s: Pray that pregnant mothers and fathers would seek help and counsel from pregnancy care centers to guide them and help them through an unexpected pregnancy. Pray that they would choose to do what’s right for their child and not what’s convenient for themselves. Pray for the women who are being manipulated and/or bullied into an abortion. Pray that they would see a way to escape the pressure to kill their baby.
Pray for Families:
- STUDENT WELFARE: Government schools are determined to instill godless radical ideologies into impressionable young children. Children will be sexualized beginning in kindergarten if the so-called “Responsible Education for Adolescent and Children’s Health” act becomes law. Children are already being taught positively about homosexuality and cross-sex impersonation. Now with new teaching standards being considered, Critical Race Theory, the 1619 Project and the infusion of BLM activism will be introduced in the classroom. Indoctrinating children with godless lies is so serious that Jesus said it would be better for a person to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the sea than to cause the children to sin (Matt. 18: 6). Pray that God would make a way for parents to remove their children from these indoctrination camps.
- PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS: Pray that both parents and grandparents would pool resources and do whatever they can to provide a way for their children and grandchildren to escape the radical extremism in government schools to follow Proverbs 22:6: “Train up a child in the way he should go …”
- FAMILIES AS SALT AND LIGHT: Pray that families who profess to know Jesus would spend more time discipling their children and raising them to fear the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom. Children are a blessing from God and our greatest treasure on earth. We must treat them as such.
Blessed is that man
who makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the proud,
nor such as turn aside to lies.