Reading Time: 2 minutes
A vote on President Barack Obama’s “government healthcare reform” in Washington D.C. has been delayed until September or later. This provides additional time for citizens to communicate with their Congressmen and Senators about the issue.
The president is pushing hard to get enough federal lawmakers to support his bill (H.R.3200) to turn over health care to government control. U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is lobbying her members hard, though the moderate and conservative Democrats are pushing back.
It is critical that your member of the U.S. House of Representatives hear from you concerning this push for government health care. In spite of polls showing that nearly 80 percent of Americans say they are satisfied with the health care coverage that they currently have, Congress and the president are moving headlong toward a government takeover of the health care industry.
Take ACTION: Send an email or a fax to your U.S. Representative now. Ask him or her to vote against H.R. 3200, the healthcare “reform” bill! Let your U.S. Representative know that if this bill is passed, Americans will suffer more in quality of care, costs, rationing of care and the loss of control over their own medical decisions regarding their life and health.
There are some very serious issues of concern in this 1000+ page bill. Not only can this bill be killed, it must be killed:
- The bill would likely increase the number of abortions.
- It includes forced public funding of abortions.
- It denies any conscience rights for health care workers.
- It would grant benefits to domestic partners defined as “an adult unmarried person living with another adult unmarried person of the same sex in a committed, intimate relationship.”
- It would establish school-based “health” clinics (which would be able to dispense birth control pills, condoms & provide abortion referrals).
- It would provide a government approved list of end-of-life resources. (Euthanasia)
- It would require the government to instruct and consult regarding living wills and durable powers of attorney.
- It would require preventative services — including vaccinations — no choices.
- It targets senior citizens and handicapped people, requiring them to meet with a counselor every five years to determine whether their lives are worthy of medical treatment.
- People would have little or no choice of health plans, doctors or treatments.
- It would cover ALL NON-U.S. citizens.
In other words, this so-called “health care” bill reduces the value of life, both before birth and in one’s final years. It limits or denies choice for Americans in plans, doctors or treatments. In addition to these life and death issues, the bill would put an immense financial burden on the federal government (a.k.a. — taxpayers), and put government in control of yet another area of our lives.
Please take a moment to contact your U.S. Representative. When you call, leave your name and address with the staff person and ask to be listed as “opposed to H.R. 3200, the so-called health care reform bill.”
Overview of HR 3200 (Liberty Counsel)
How to Make Health-Care Reform Bipartisan (Wall Street Journal)
Top 10 Reasons Obamacare Is Wrong for America (The Heritage Foundation)