Reading Time: 3 minutes
It is unconscionable that conservative parents remain silent, acquiescent, fearful non-participants in our public schools while homosexuals and their ideological allies engage continuously in vociferous, vigorous, and bold action.
The Day of Silence, which is sponsored by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), is fewer than two weeks away. GLSEN’s Day of Silence, which began on college campuses and has now infiltrated middle schools, exploits anti-bullying sentiment to undermine the belief that homosexual acts are immoral. GLSEN shamelessly exploits teen suicide in order to create a climate of hysteria which they can then exploit to falsely impute culpability for teen suicide to conservative moral beliefs.
GLSEN’s end game is the eradication of conservative moral beliefs and the creation of a social and political climate in which it is impossible to express them. Their cultural vehicle of choice for this radical social experiment is public education. What a strategic coup for homosexualists: use our money to capture the hearts and minds of our children.
And we do virtually nothing. Our complacence makes us complicit in the damage done to our children and our culture. Moreover, we teach our children by example to be cowardly conformists. It’s time to resist, and there’s no easier way to resist than to call your children out of school on the Day of Silence.
Parents and Guardians: Call your children’s middle and high schools and ask if students and/or teachers will be permitted to refuse to speak during class on Friday, April 15. If your administration allows students and/or teachers to refuse to speak during class, call your child out of school. Every student absence costs school districts money. When administrators refuse to listen to reason and when they allow the classroom to be exploited for political purposes, parents must take action. If they don’t, the politicization of the classroom and curricula will increase.
If your administrator tells you that they do not permit students or teachers to refuse to speak in class, ask him or her how that is communicated to faculty and students.
Here are just a few of the governmental efforts, including proposed legislation, designed to use public schools to normalize homosexuality and Gender Identity Disorder (aka “transgenderism”):
- Ten states now have “enumerated” anti-bullying laws, which specifically include homosexuality and gender confusion as protected classes.
- Comprehensive sex ed curricula portray homosexuality as morally equivalent to heterosexuality.
- California’s SB 48, if passed, will require schools to teach about homosexuality and Gender Identity Disorder positively while censoring dissenting resources.
- Federal Safe Schools Improvement Act denies funding to schools to combat drugs and violence unless they agree to address homosexuality and Gender Identity Disorder.
- Federal Student Non-Discrimination Act includes homosexuality and Gender Identity Disorder as protected classes. If passed, schools would be prohibited from treating the objective biological fact of a student’s sex as if it had objective status. It would render the act of making common sense distinctions between boys and girls illegal.
- “Dear Colleague” Letter, which unconstitutionally expands the control of government over student speech, was sent by the Department of Justice to all school boards.
- The Department of Justice created a video submission to Dan Savage’s “It Gets Better” campaign in which federal employees affirm unproven moral propositions about homosexuality to students
- President Obama held an anti-bullying conference at the White House to which he invited representatives from virtually every homosexuality-affirming organizations that seeks to use public education to normalize homosexuality.
- The White House created an anti-bullying website that has a special image link for only one group of students who experience bullying: LGBT students.
And here are the special events concocted by homosexual activist organizations that have wormed their way into public schools, partly because conservatives fail to oppose them with the same vigor that homosexuals promote them:
- No Name-Calling Week sponsored by GLSEN
- Ally Week sponsored by GLSEN
- Spirit Day sponsored by Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
- National Coming Out Day sponsored by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- The Transgender Day of Remembrance sponsored by the HRC
The ACLU has issued this statement to students regarding silence in class:
“You DO have a right to participate in Day of Silence and other expressions of your opinion at a public school during non-instructional time: the breaks between classes, before and after the school day, lunchtime, and any other free times during your day. You do NOT have a right to remain silent during class time if a teacher asks you to speak.”
It’s long past time that conservatives start acting and speaking as if we think our moral beliefs are objectively true. Conservative teachers need to create activities that require students to speak on the Day of Silence, and conservative parents need to teach their children by example to take a stand for truth.
Please call your children out of school if your administration permits students or teachers to refuse to speak on the Day of Silence. For further information, including parental instructions and a sample calling out letter, visit www.doswalkout.net.